The mission of Bellaire Pediatric Dentistry is to exceed patients’ expectations by providing the highest quality care to our patients in the safest, most comfortable environment possible. Combining patient education, a continuing care schedule with the necessary use of X-rays, gentle preventive and restorative care, we strive to accomplish this goal for our patients while providing them with a rewarding, positive experience
Bellaire Pediatric Dentistry, P.A.!
Welcome to Bellaire Pediatric Dentistry, the office of Dr. Joel J. Vela a leading pediatric dental practice in Bellaire, Texas. Superior oral health is vital for a child’s development, and we’re here to help every step of the way.
Dr. Vela and his highly trained staff are committed to making your child’s first dental visit a pleasant and comfortable one. We understand the importance of establishing a good oral hygiene regimen early in a child’s life, and we provide children with the necessary knowledge and treatment to maintain a healthy smile.
Thank you for visiting our website. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments you may have. We look forward to meeting your family and watching their smiles grow!
Care to our patients
- Individual Treatment At our office, you’re more than a number – you’re part of our dental family! We create personalized, individual treatment plans for each child so that we deliver the best results!
- Cutting-Edge Technology We constantly strive for the best results for our patients, which also means we are dedicated to researching and employing the latest technology in the dental field. Whether it’s BPA-free materials, early orthodontic treatment, remineralization or gingival therapy, our technical advances provide the most benefits for our patients
- Talented Staff Our dental treatment options mean very little without a competent, qualified staff to deliver them. That’s why we take pride in our professional and kid-friendly staff. Our staff members have multiple certifications, and continue to improve and update their many skills through continuing education throughout the year. Our team members also love children, and work hard to make sure they feel comfortable and at-home in our office!
- Centralized Location Unlike some dental practices, we have one central location where we see our patients. Our prime location gives you easy access to your pediatric dentist whenever you need it – no hunting down doctors or staff across multiple offices!
- Sterilization We know that being safe and comfortable in our office is your biggest concern, which is why we follow the strictest guidelines for bacterial control and sterilization recommended by groups such as the CDC and OSHA. We employ disposable tools and materials whenever feasible, and what tools must be re-used are always thoroughly cleaned and sterilized between each patient.
- Online Services We live in a digital age, which is why our practice offers loads of information at your fingertips through our helpful and entertaining website, as well as completely FREE apps for Android and iOS devices!
Dr. Joel Vela
Joel J. Vela, DDS, a native Houstonian, received his bachelor’s degree in psychology from The University of Texas at Austin. After completing his dental degree at The University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston Dental Branch in 1993, he practiced general dentistry in Houston and served on the faculty at the Dental Branch prior to receiving his specialty training in pediatric dentistry at the Dental Branch and Hermann Children’s Hospital. Since earning his dental degree, he has been a member of and has served in leadership positions of the Greater Houston Dental Society, the Texas Dental Association and the American Dental Association. Dr. Vela also maintains active membership in the Houston Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and holds fellow status in the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
Active in the community, Dr. Vela has offered numerous pediatric oral healthcare presentations to community groups, professional organizations and various healthcare professionals around the country with a special emphasis on pediatric dental trauma and pediatric abuse. In addition to expanding his knowledge of the art and science of dentistry by attending numerous continuing education courses